Wedded Bliss
There was a wedding. We went. It's over now. We're recovering.
One thing to talk about. AB had her flower girl's basket full of yellow rose petals and pretty much carried them around for hours before the ceremony. She also began gathering additional roses, artificial petals, and various and sundry valuables. She was instructed to lay one petal at a time, and she did. It took her about three minutes to make it down the aisle, but she laid one at a time.
When she reached the end she looked up, surprised to be at the altar already. Looking around, she began picking the petals back up, and pitched a fit when we stopped her so R's sister could walk down the aisle. R took her and calmed her.
Today R's Mom mentions the obvious. The items in her basket became sacred to her, and she didn't realize their only purpose was to be laid down before the bride. I felt like a tool for not thinking of that.
AB had the time of her life dancing at the wedding. I mean that literally. I've never seen her have more fun. It was wonderful. We were, and still are, exhausted.
Other than that, god I hate weddings.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home