Almost Human Again
I'm feeling a little better today. Not 100%, still coughing and weak, but that was one doozie of a virus.
We came home to a warm house. Normally that is not a problem. We're settling in, bringing in bags and whatnot, we're all tired and grumpy, not excited about being home, and I hear it. What was that? Was that a cat crying? Oh mother fugggin son of a mother fuggin beeyotch is that goosh darn cat stuck in our room again?! Oh gawt dammmmmit!!! I was livid. Did I convey that. I used up about 100 calories being mad. I'm sure that was a good idea. I let the cat out of our room. I don't even look at the damage. Denial; it's more than just a river in Egypt.
Well, she peed on the bed. Several times. We changed the sheets and went to the store to buy pet pee eating stuff (with bacteria and enzymes; probably doesn't work). R had to nap AND sleep on the sofa. By 5:30 this morning it was dry and he was able to sleep on his mattress. I say his mattress b/c he's the one who wanted the $2k tempurpedic; I happen to hate it. But that's another post.
What. A. Nightmare. Crappiest weekend I can remember.
At least it's over, and now I get to focus on our vacation starting Friday. What to pack? Snacks, water? What amount of shampoo/conditioner can I take? What are the new flight regulations? What time should we leave Friday to get there on time? Have I printed out all the directions that I will need? Gaah! Here comes my cortisol... wait for it... wait for it.... oh yeah! There it is!
So go research new flight regulations for me and put the most annoying ones in the comments.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home