Google
 
Web ftiwtc.blogspot.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sister

I was tagged by a meme! I've been reading blogs, many blogs, much better blogs than mine, for a while and this is my first tag. It struck me as interesting. Why? I'll tell you in a minute. First I should confess that I was tagged by reading her, so that doesn't really count. Lame meme. Bad meme!

This meme is special because allows you to see some of a blogger's dirtiest secrets. You know the ones, like if you loved a particularly horrible song by the Spice Girls or (gasp) Cher because when you heard it made your synapses jump and your feet tap. Yeah, those. How embarrassing. This shows 'em.

Also it allows the blogger to boast about their music collection, because we all think our music collections rock.

Otherwise they wouldn't be our music collections. Make sense?

It's like, of course I think my ideas are right. Otherwise they wouldn't be my ideas.

This came from the delightfully irreverent D-Cup. Personally I think it's funnier if you create a bank of 22 random songs and pair them up, mix-n-match style, but hey. Who am I to mutate a meme.

--
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT (this is in capital letters, so it is very serious. [Not my comment, but I concur.])

MY ANSWERS:
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? Limelight by Rush. (Oh shit! Embarrassing song right off the bat!)
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Fiddle and the Drum by A Perfect Circle. (Peace-loving barbershop quartet by Reverand Maynard? Hardly.)
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? Crash by Dave Matthews Band. (What?)
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? Tiny Dancer by Elton John (Eek! One of *those* songs!)
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? Cloud on My Tongue by Tori Amos (Eh?)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? Straight out of Line by Godsmack (This isn't as funny as I thought it'd be. Not going so well. Fuck.)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? The Analog Kid by Rush (Meh, neither apropos nor funny, but at least it's embarrassing.)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Parabol by Tool. (I'm bored already.)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Red Sector A by Rush (Aaaa! Where did all these fucking Rush songs come from? I hate Canadians!)
10. WHAT IS 2+2? Tears Dry on Their Own by Amy Winehouse. (Makes no fucking sense.)
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Criminal by Fiona Apple. (That's hilarious, but oh so not true.)
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? (Was this created by a teenager? It was, wasn't it?) (And: Which person that I like?) (And: This should have been Criminal.) Firestarter by Prodigy. (OH SHIT! That fits! Finally!)
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Sober by Tool. (Meh. I'm a social drinker. Promise.)
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? (Ah, fuck. Teenager. I knew it.) Trip Like I Do by Crystal Method (Oh, yes, I do. So frequently. Uh huh.)
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? (Again: teenager, and again: which one?) Waiting for the Night by Depeche Mode (OH! So apropos!)
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Cold Feelings by Social Distortion. (Ah! Fucking perfect!)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? (What wedding?) Kid Gloves by Rush. (No comment, I'm tired of being embarrassed by Canadians. I realized today I've spelled embarrassed incorrectly my entire life.)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? (What funeral?) Strong Enough by Cher. (Embarrassing!)
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? Vapor Trail by Crystal Method. (I smoke meth in my free time! Awesome!)
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? My Own Prison by Creed. (Yes, I think my biggest secret is a choice few Creed songs on my playlist.)
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? Blue Dress by Depeche Mode. (Wha?)
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? Sister by Creed. (Fuck!! More embarrassing Creed! God dammit! I'm deleting this song.)


I am tagging:

  1. Matt at Animal Mind just because.
  2. Franki at Frankily Yours because she's the bestest.
  3. 123I Love You because I have a crush on that self-professed weirdo.
  4. Old Knudsen because I want to hear his justifications for his fucked up songs.
  5. Winter because I lurve her.

That could have been funny, but it wasn't. At least it was long.

--

Shortly after posting this the subbie's shuffle played a delightfully well-rounded selection of Opera and Missy Elliott. Because I am well-rounded. Promise. And not just in the rear area.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Old Knudsen said...

How could you? I'll have to consider this as my music collects dusts rather than getting played.

yer a mean woman, this was because of the money shot comment wasn't it?

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger M@ said...

holy shit. that's a lot of homework. i'll see what i can do.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the same if I do it with a radio? Can't I just admit the really embarassing cd's I own and be done with it?

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've fucking got hiccups!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious! And punishing? I'm glad you picked up the meme! And I'm convinced that the shuffles are controlled by powerful and evil embarassment forces.

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

That's a pretty cool meme - I may try it out if my iPod ever gets fixed.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd keep the Creed songs a secret.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Some Goofy Woman said...

LWDW - you're tagged! Since 4 of the 5 bastardos I tagged couldn't be bothered with it I'd love it if you could.

Del-V - I'm so ashamed. On so many levels. Confession is good for the soul. How many Hail Marys now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web ftiwtc.blogspot.com